Monday, August 4, 2008

Waxing Political


Hello everybody! Sorry its been so long since we have posted, it is summer and we have been busy working and playing hard while the weather is warm. As Becca mentioned we have recently traveled to Sacramento and McCall, Idaho for family reunions. This weekend we are off to Boise for Becca's 10 year class reunion. Then, I think we'll stay home for a while and relax before school starts up again. We'll try and take some more pictures of Mae and post them, since that is the only reason that anyone read this thing anyways.
So, while you are checking back for more pictures of Mae, I would like to take advantage of this little soap box and wax political for a moment. I just wanted to share a few links that I think are well worth your time to check out. I'll also be adding them to the side bar over there <------, for future reference. Lately I have been reading a lot about the founding fathers and our unique system of government. At the same time I've been watching the current political campaigns with disgust, a feeling I'm sure many of you can relate to. I think that we are really headed for a big change in our country, good or bad remains to be seen. As the quote I've added to the blog says, " all that it takes for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing." I think that this is exactly what has been happening to this great country. I believe that if anything good change is to come to our country, it will be through a return to the fundamental principles that our republic was founded on. I don't see such an agenda in either party at the moment. Although I don't agree with everything the man says, I see the most common sense and truth in Ron Paul's campaign for liberty. Check out their website, and decide for yourself. Ron Paul gave an excellent speech in congress last month that I think every American should read, it can be found here. Anyways, thanks for letting me rant a little.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So I tried several times calling you back but never got through. I have since lost the number and want to catch up. Call me agian please. Your family is looking so fun. 8017872631

Derek and Edon said...

Hello.

Funny story I found Sam's blog looking for aquire online and that lead me here. I was fun seeing faces from Spokane.

Derek Davenport